Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Tea and Crumpets oh and an apron

Don't you just LOVE Anthropology! Um I do and if you don't you are c-r-a-z-y CRAZY! I have a list of things that I am going to "attempt" to make. The first thing on my list is the Tea and Crumpets apron in teal:

 Isn't this just lovely?! It makes me want to wear an apron all day and bake sophisticated things like crumpets and almond croissants, all while sipping tea (with a pinky in the air of course).

 Any who it is my luck that this month at "create with me" at ucreate that the project is full length aprons. The apron tutorial they have on there is a good base for the above pictured apron, thus giving me the mojo to create my first Anthropology knock off. Oh how I love my sewing machine!

Three hours and four dollars in fabric later (had the trim on hand):





 My little helper. He says m apron is "coot ma" (cute mom).

 I followed the tutorial on Ucreate but I did piping on the belt and added the ruffle and flower in the front. Both are super easy to do. I still don't have a ruffle attachment but it isn't that hard without one. I make a tube of fabric by sewing a long strip in half inside out. I then turn it to the right side and sew a hem down the middle that is 4.5 in stitch length. Then pull the top stitch and ruffle the fabric. Keep adjusting until you get desired length. I did ruffled chiffon on a skirt tutorial here.

 I think my apron looks just as good as the Anthropology one and for so much cheaper.

What do you think?

If you are looking for me I will be in my new apron baking some truffles or something....

 Michelle

20 comments:

Val said...

I love it and your blog too!!!! = )

Glamour Girl said...

My goodness...you are talented, creative, witty, intelligent and PRETTY!

extreme personal measures said...

That is adorable. LOVE IT!


Denise
Extreme Personal Measures

Linds said...

Eeeek! Get.Out. That's MUCH too fabulous.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

wow, this is so cute!! I love the teal and the ruffles on the top are just adorable!
http://inthehammockvintage.blogspot.com

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

SEW darling! Love it. I'm such an apron lover & this one is really adorable.

Warmly, Michelle

Catherine said...

Great job! So cute.

(visiting from Serenity Now)

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Gorgeous apron!!! Love those pretty ruffles. I'd say it's a pretty good knock-off. :) Thanks so much for linking up with my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. :) Hope you find some great reads, and come visit Serenity Now again soon! :)

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Thats really cute! Love the color :)

Visiting from Serenity Now!

raveninthewolfden said...

That apron is so darling! Thank you for sharing, I just ogt a sewing machine {yikes} and Im headed down a fabulous road to being very Sew Chic. WIsh me luck!

Anonymous said...

I too made a bib apron out of a dress, a shirt and a skirt over at Mel's Cabin...http://cabinfever228.blogspot.com/2011/02/dress-skirt-and-blouse.html
I hope you blog hop over and view my sewing project too. Love your little flower on yours!
Good job! Everyone is so talented! Mel's Cabin visited you today.

Melanie said...

Oh my gosh, this turned out so cute! I love it! I found you on Under the Table and Dreaming and am now a follower.

Melanie
youmadethat.blogspot.com

g.suzie said...

Luvvvre the apron, looks darling on you too!
Sue

Sarita said...

THAT is adorable! I love wearing aprons when I cook. I don't think it's old fashioned, it's sexy, especially when there's super cute ones to wear! Very very cute!

Unknown said...

SOOO pretty and feminine, love it! winks-jen

Unknown said...

This is FAB!! Love love it:) So talented! Would love for you to link it up at my party too if you have time:)
http://eisymorgan.blogspot.com/2011/02/inspired-by-you-wednesday-link-party.html
Thanks, have a great Wed!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable!! I LOVE IT!! great job!

justbeckause.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I loved this so much, I featured it on my blog today! :)

You can check out the post here:
http://justbeckause.blogspot.com/2011/02/blog-head-monday.html

Have a great day!

<3 Becky
justbeckause.blogspot.com

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Simply adorable! I love aprons, & I'm so glad they have re-surfaced in the last couple of years. The ones today are definitely not your mamma's apron, still practical but way cuter! Glanced around your blog just a bit & found it to be so charming & full of great ideas. I'm a new follower & hope you might check out my blog & follow back.
CAS

Unknown said...

simple but beautiful. bib aprons designer are also make a simple but beautiful apron. wearing aprons is a sign that you love cooking, see many collections of Bistro Apron at my store.