Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sugar and spice and everything nice part deux

So I know I said I was done sewing for the day, the thing is the unfinished project was TAUNTING me! Seriously it was. It was saying finish me please, your daughter will be so excited after school! I would like to give a special thank you to my two year old for taking a two hour nap and letting mommy finish her project. thank you thank you!

If you missed part one click here

Here is where we left off:


 Next step in the project is making the bow that goes around the wast. I took a two forty inch eight inch wide pieces and sewed them together to make one long piece:


 Then fold over, inside out, and do a zig-zag stitch to make the strip of fabric a tube. When finished turn right side out and iron it down flat:


 Now attach to the dress where the stitching shows on the pleats. Making sure the seam of the two pieces of ribbon fabric are on the seam of the dress. Then cut the trim on the one side that is now uneven. This way you wont see where you sewed the two pieces together.



Then take the ends and cut them at an angle and do a zig-zag stitch to close them:



 Now to make a silk flower. Cut six circles getting smaller and smaller:



 
Then take a lighter and singe the edges and glue them together one by one:







(my pics are a bit blurry on this, couldn't get it focused for some reason) I then glued five little crystals in the middle of the flower. Finally I sewed the flower on the dress by hand:


 She absolutely loves it! I had it sitting on the seat in the car waiting for her when I picked her up from school. Wish I would have taken a picture so you could have seen her face!

 Happy sewing!


 Michelle

6 comments:

Ali Holt said...

um ADORABLE! I am your newest follower, I hope you stop by my blog and follow me as well! :) happy v-day!

ali
www.ncbabyblog.blogspot.com

Kim said...

oh my- it's even cuter with that ribbon! Looks so sweet on her too! Nice job!!♥

Inspiring You To Save! said...

Very nice! Great job. Newest follower. Please stop by and follow back if you get the chance.

www.inspiringyou2save.com

Michelle {Daydream Believers} said...

What a cute dress! I love the fabric combination! Nice work! :)

Krysta said...

I can just see her face when you picked her up from school. You are such a good mom. It's fun to surprise them like that. It makes all the hard work worth it. I was showing your blog to Kaylee and she said, "I didn't know Miss Michelle was so crafty!" I said yep, she is! You are so talented!

DANA said...

That is so cute! And she looks so excited! If you have not been by yet, I would love for you to come link up! Every month the best link gets prizes!

http://www.thesaturdaymorningsblog.com/2011/02/strut-your-stuff-for-february-round-2.html