Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Organization is the key to life

Reading through my blog list, I saw that Thrifty Decor Chick was doing an "Organize it" party and my mind immediately went to my pantry. Oh the dreaded messy pantry. I guess this would be a good excuse to clean and organize the darn thing. So here is the before (Don't judge. Seriously I am a NEAT freak. I have no idea how it got so bad):



These pictures make me cringe!!! I probably should print then out and post them somewhere so I am reminded how horrible my pantry use to be.

 Any who, I went to Walmart and bought some storage bins, Hobby Lobby for some glass containers (50% off this week!), and the Dollar Store for some plastic storage. I also bought some decorative card stock, used stickers, mailing labels, and ribbon.

 The end result:











Oh my! So much better! This really appeals to my OCD ways. Seriously I could stare my pantry for hours, so soothing! Notice the little step stool? I re-upholstered that in about ten minutes to match my bench cushion I made.

 It's your turn! Get on it! You will feel so much better. Next project organization is going to have to be my laundry room.

post signature

11 comments:

Creative Escapes said...

It looks fabulous!!! I just did mine recently - and it looks like I didn't - I should pring a "before" picture to help me keep it clean - looks great!

texas girl said...

this looks soo good I have slowly been doing this too I let my pantry go because its so big that it takes a while for me to notice it is getting bad this is definatly my next project I am doing our closets right now

Dixiejet said...

I LOVE this !!!!! I am all about organization. I hate clutter & I hate not knowing what I have, so as soon as my husband gets through building my kitchen, I am gonna START OUT like this !! Thanks 4 the inspiration. :o)

Michelle said...

Looks amazing...that has my my project of the week too! It is amazing how closets and pantries can get so unorganized!

Organize with Sandy said...

What a wonderful space!! You did a great job! I found you on Thrifty Decor Chick. I'd love for you to stop by and link up on my Organizing Mission link party. I"m not on blogger, so I'll leave the link.
http://www.organizewithsandy.com/2011/02/28/organizing-mission-link-party-mission-spring-cleaning-week-11/

Melissa Miller said...

Michelle this is simply fantastic. Love it all. Great work!

Warmly, ~Melissa

Pickled Blu said...

nice....I love the way that your pantry is so wide! Mine is narrow and deep and it makes it IMPOSSIBLE! Very Impressive!

Abramyan Avenue said...

What a difference!! You did a great job. I posted my pantry too a few months ago. It was terrible!! I swear I had a box of mac and cheese that expired in 2009!! Blogging definitely gets you motivated to get those things clean!! Just another reason I love to blog!
Have a wonderful weekend!
-April

Lena said...

Your pantry looks amazing! I love the decorative touches...just because it is just a pantry doesn't mean you can't make it cute!!!! Great idea!
-Lena

Erin Branscom said...

That is seriously probably the best pantry I have ever seen! :) Love it! I am following your blog! :) Erin

www.healthybranscoms.com

holly said...

love how your pantry turned out. doesn't it just make you smile???
we have a TINY pantry and i recently gutted it. it was such a good feeling. it could still use some improvements, but for now it's still a happier place.