Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Anthro knock off purse

Do you know That I love Anthropology? Of course you do! Remember my Anthro inspired apron HERE (if not check it out, it's worth it). I have been coveting this purse for awhile. In fact I bought material about three months ago in preparation to make said purse (don't worry I'll show pic after I stop talking, or writing I guess). Then life got in the way and I had a million other things to do. Well not this week. No ma'am (or sir if a man is reading this, highly doubt that). Being that Mother's Day is Sunday, I said to myself, "self it is time to make you that Anthro purse". Here is a pick of my inspiration:

 When I first saw this purse on Anthropology's website, I thought how easy this would be to duplicate. Then I saw the price tag: 498.00, then down to 288.00 and it's now 140.00. Even at the current price of 140.00, why wouldn't I make my own for ten dollars in fabric. It is so perfect for spring/summer. So without further ado, I give you my version of Anthro's bow purse:




 Do you love it??!! I love it! Dare I say I might even like it better than Anthro's. Gasp! I just love how big I made it. I don't know how big the real version of the purse is, but I am totally digging the size of mine. I will definitely get a lot of use out of this baby.

 You want to make your own?! Stay tuned for the tutorial tomorrow :)

 Thanks for stopping by!

Check out the TUTORIAL
 
Michelle
  
Check out where I Party

9 comments:

texas girl said...

wow this is my favorite thing you have done!!! it does look better than the anthro purse!!! this turned out great!!

Prudently Painted Vintage said...

Thank you Andie! I think this is my favorite too :)

By the way, we really need to go to the park this week. It's been too long.

texas girl said...

I was just thinking that can you do tomarrow at 11? wanna meet at my house?

Prudently Painted Vintage said...

Sounds perfect. See ya then!

Tru said...

Visiting from Night Owl Crafting. It looks fabulous! I for one like it better than the original.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

I like it better too!

Jen said...

I just love this! You did such a good job! I cannot wait for the tutorial! I would love to have you come and share this at my fantastic friday link party. http://ironvioletdesigns.blogspot.com
thanks

Amanda said...

Your bag looks wonderful, loving the fabrics you chose!

Anonymous said...

Hey thats really cute!
I like the inside fabric and pocket details.