Monday, February 14, 2011

A black dressers turn for the better

Ok so I am going to brag a bit before I do my post. I have been featured three times in the past 7 days! Yay to me!! It feels good to know that other people think your creations are cool too. My burlap curtains and heart shaped box were featured on Under The Table and Dreaming. Also my tank dress was featured on Tip Junkie this morning! One of my dessert recipes will be featured this week on Ucreate. I am Excited! Thank you to these blogs that have taken the time to read and enjoy my stuff.


Alright now on to my post. I had a little black dresser that was used in my daughters room before I re-decorated it:


 Sorry the only before pic is with the drawers out of it already.

 I sanded it down until it was no longer shiny. I then primed the whole thing:

Looks better already doesn't it!

I then painted it a cream color all over.

 I then bought four medium size black frames and two small silver frames at the dollar store. I also bought some numbers from 1-4 at Lowes. I found two baskets at Goodwill. I wish I had before pics of all this. I don't and I am sorry for that.  I took the baskets and removed the handles on them and painted them turquoise. I then applied numbers to the front of them. I took the black frames, put scrap paper I already had in them and glued them two to each side of the dresser. I then took the silver frames and glued them to the middle of two drawers and put numbers in the middle of the frames. I added some new hard ware and the result:



Perfect little file cabinet (well kind of file cabinet) for my study. Let me know if you have any questions about materials or whatever.

 Michelle

11 comments:

texas girl said...

love this idea I just bought a bunch of small silver frames I am going to hot glue to the baskets in averys cabinet and cloest!!!

Prudently Painted Vintage said...

That will look really good! I love being organized like that.

It is so hard to keep Ethan and Alexa's closets organized! Alexa has too many clothes and Ethan has too many toys! I need a whole room to store their "things" Ha!

Kim said...

I'm not surprised you've been featured- I love your blog! Congrats!! What a cute redo! I love that you used the frames on the side- what a cute extra touch! Happy Valentines Day!!!♥

Unknown said...

Love it! What a creative use for the baskets! Congrats on all your features, you deserve it!!

Creative Escapes said...

This is adorable! And great job on all your features!

Cassie Bustamante said...

that is adorable! i love your unique take on the numbers.

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

Looks great! The pulls are cute!

Rebecca@This Present Life said...

Very cute! It looks complete different than it's "before" state. I love that you took out the top drawer to put in baskets. Very clever!

Visiting from POWW!

P.S. Congrats on your features!

Tasha said...

I love it! The numbers totally make it, and the baskets! Congrats on being featured! I just went through and looked at your other posts, and Im not surprised that you were! I am your newest follower! knuckle bump! ya!!
Tasha
www.dotdotdotthis.blogspot.com

April said...

Wow! That is just lovely! Fabulous job! I would love for you to link this to my Sew Crafty Party!

http://wildflowersandwhimsy.blogspot.com/2011/02/sew-crafty-saturday.html

Amanda said...

I've put together a round up of pretty dresser revamps on Craft Gossip today and included your project. :) You can see it here
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/6-beautiful-dresser-make-overs/

If you would like to share the Craft Gossip love and show your visitors you've been featured, you can grab a button here!
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/