Monday, February 28, 2011

dollar store display

 Ok so I totally had planned on being really crafty today and sewing another burlap pillow like seen here or maybe even painting a piece of furniture ( I have three pieces waiting on me), or maybe sewed something cute for my son (have all the material and plans for something super cute). Unfortunately life intervened and I was beckoned elsewhere. Oh well such is life! So what do I have for you? A simple dollar store craft that will take you about 2 minutes (if you don't count the time it takes you to go to the Dollar Store to buy the stuff). The supplies:

 Also attending was a tube of Goop (not pictured, but you can buy it at Lowes or your local craft store). So I put some goop on the bottom of one candle stick and the bottom of the blue ice cream dish and stacked my little heart away (I didn't use the second glass candle holder, but I'm sure I will find use for it elsewhere). The end result is a perfect little cupcake holder for the spring (or maybe some chips and dip, or veggies and dip, or candies...you get the idea):

 post signature

4 comments:

Scarlett said...

great make (and easy too - just what i like) Scarlett x

texas girl said...

super cute where did you find the silver tray?!?!

Prudently Painted Vintage said...

Everything was bought at the good ole' Dollar Store! They have a ton of "silver" trays there.

terrid614 said...

hi michelle! i just found your adorable blog!! i am your latest follower! and i LOVE the dollar store! xo