Saturday, February 26, 2011

Banana muffins with a crumple top

All I can say is yum! I love this recipe. It will definitely be filed away to be made over and over! I made a dozen of these yesterday and there are only 3 left. I think next time I will have to make a double batch. My little one even enjoyed them! Here is a pic of the delish finished product:



Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
  • TOPPING:
  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon cold butter

Directions

In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Combine bananas, sugar, egg and butter; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine the first three topping ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes.

Enjoy! They are so good warm!

post signature

5 comments:

laxsupermom said...

Yum! Those look wonderful! I have a hard time keeping bananas around here long enough to mash up in bread or muffins. I'm going to have to hide a couple away next grocery trip. Thanks for sharing.

Jana said...

Mmm, these look delightful! Thanks for stopping by Giggles, Glitz & Glam!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

I am not even kidding that I have 2 super-ripe bananas sitting in the fruit bowl at this very moment! I am going to try making these today!

Decorating the Ville said...

Oh my these look delish! Thanks for stopping by my blog and your sweet comments. I am glad I stopped by yours to get this yummy looking recipe!

Jessica at Me Sew Crazy said...

oh yummmmmmmmmmmmm....my mouth just watered looking at the picture! I might HAVE to make these TODAY! Talking to a pregnant woman here - yummmmm