Thursday, February 17, 2011

Some yummy cupcakes for ya!

 So today is totally one of those days where I feel like I have a million things going on at once. As a mom we usually feel this way most days. You feel me on this one? I woke up to a super messy house, only because I was too tired to clean last night, a sink full of dishes and about 6 loads of laundry to fold (ughhhhh). On top of all this my son decided to be extra messy today. Awesome! I do love the little guy though, he is just too cute. Any who on top of all this chaos I was told last night (of course) that my daughter has a swim party and we need to bring something. So I whipped up some yummy cupcakes between doing dishes, laundry, cleaning up,chasing my little one around the house and being a taxi driver for my eldest.

 Here is the finished product:


 mmmmm I'm drooling just looking at this pic! What are they you ask? Chocolate cupcakes with butter cream frosting, drizzled with caramel with heath bits sprinkled on top. Yeah my daughter better love me for this one!

 The inspiration came from a blog I was reading this morning. Although I didn't really follow the recipe exactly, here is the link love if you want to check her version out.

First a special shout out goes to:
 Thank you for making my baking endeavors so much easier. I really love my Kitchen Aid mixer. It may be the most used appliance in my kitchen. O.K. so on with the recipe:

 Box of Duncan Hines devils food cake
 Jar of smuckers butterscotch/caramel sauce (this was the only kind without high fructose corn syrup, yucky stuff)
 Heath bits
 Buttercream frosting recipe found here


So now bake cupcakes according to box

 Let cool for 30 min

 Frost them ( I have a Wilton cake decorating kit so I frosted them fancy style)

 Drizzle with caramel

 Sprinkle on heath bits

 Enjoy! mmmm so good!

 So I will be folding laundry now if anyone is interested in joining me (yep hearing crickets on that one)

6 comments:

Prudently Painted Vintage said...

By the way I am trying to customize my blog a bit. So, if it looks funny at times just know I am trying to figure out something. aka menu bar and grab my button thingy.

texas girl said...

ugh yummm that looks soo good!!I got alexas birthday gift tonight at the trunk show its sooo cute!

Prudently Painted Vintage said...

Ha! you are so funny about doing things so much ahead of time! you do know her birthday is still 3 months away!

I am just starting to think about Ethan's Bday! I can't wait to make some crafts for it!

Kim said...

yummmmm- those look so good!

Shirley Fachilla said...

These look beautiful enough to paint! But I bet not a crumb of them remains.

Melissa said...

These sound fantastic, I can't wait to try making them! I posted about them Here:
http://itssewforyou.blogspot.com/2011/02/craving-cupcakes.html