Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Low carb chicken pot pie


I LOVE chicken pot pie, but I don't love the carbs in it! We try to eat very little carbs for dinner. So I have come up with quite a few recipes that are grain-free. Remember my yummy pasta less lasagna? Check that out HERE. Here goes the recipe:

 One can of low sodium broccoli cheddar soup
 one package of chicken breasts (a little under two pounds)
 half a cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
 2 cups of broccoli ( I use frozen, but fresh would be good too)
chopped carrots
 1 cup of peas
 
 Put chicken in glass baking dish and cover with water. Bake at 350 for about an hour. Cut chicken in cubes on a cutting board and put in a large bowl. Cover with broccoli cheddar soup. Mix until chicken is coated. Add cheese and veggies. Mix until combined. Bake an additional 25 min at 350.



 Enjoy!

 If you want you could also add some potatoes. I have done this and it is delish! Just cut potatoes into cubes and boil until soft and add to mixture. You could replace any of the veggies. Sometimes I make it with just broccoli. I love this recipe! Yum!

 
Michelle
  
Check out where I Party

No comments: