Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Framed Family Subway Art

So my ruffle shower curtain was featured on Sunday at Knock Off Decor, I love that site! Not just because they have featured several of my projects, but the projects on there are always inspring! Be sure to check it out if you don't subcribe already!
Alright on with the post. I have been wanting to do something in the empty frames below my Pottery Barn burlap matted knock offs. See empty frames is no good:
 I decided to do some family subway art. I seached pinterest for inspiration and found to FREE printables you can find HERE and HERE. Thank you!! So I then bought some poster board at Hobby Lobby and cut out some matting to fit the prints:
 I then put it all together and now I have some lovely framed and matted subway art. Cost me a whole $3.00! Awesome!







I think it looks just lovely in my entry. Don't you?


Michelle

Tip Junkie handmade projects Photobucket
The Shabby NestHookingupwithHoH< Transformation Thursday

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it looks great!

Shannon @ Imperfectly-Inspired

Meredith from A Mother Seeking said...

Looks great... perfect for that space.

~ Meredith From A Mother Seeking Come find me on my blog, A Mother Seeking...

A room with a view said...

It does look great. Subway art adds interest to any wall or a gallery of pics.

Unknown said...

I love the frame idea! Your house is absolutey stunning as well!

Jen @ My Own Road said...

You're so sweet! So glad you like my family subway art; It makes me feel so good knowing that someone else has it hanging in their home too :)

Candi said...

Ok so practicality is NOT my strong suit. So the reason I am thankful for this post is that you showed me how to make my own matting for frames. I mean you would think that something this easy would be a no brainer. I swear I would have NEVER thought of doing this!!! So thanks again for your posts and your blog, you rock!

Krysta said...

Yes, I know about staring at empty frames. The one in my family room is. still. empty. That is going to change this week. I think. Yours turned out fabulous! As always. What an easy and un fix for the frames. I am really enjoying printables.

Krysta said...

ummm...un is supposed to be fun. Multi-tasking at its finest!

codigo promocional said...

Frame art work look so different and wonderful.All paintings are increase beauty in the rooms.Thanx to share with us.