Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fall Topiaries

I added some more decor to the front of my house. I am loving all the pumpkin topiaries out there on Pinterest. Even Pottery Barn is doing it, so it MUST be cool then!

I found two pots at lowes a while back that where $10 a piece originally and clearance for $1.50! Whoo whoo! Happy dance! I bought them knowing I would use them for something. Sometime. Somewhere. And I did this weekend.







Don't you love it! Ethan thinks the rat silhouettes are funny. So cute! So I bought the two smaller pumpkins on top, the black birds, the leaves, and the rats at the dollar store. Then the two large white pumpkins on the bottom are from Michaels 40% off (of course). I painted the middle pumpkins white and added some upholstery tacs I had on hand already. Then I hot glued everything together and put a rock in the bottom of each pot.

You can find the post on the pumpkin patch blocks HERE and the post on the wreath HERE.

Are you ready for fall?? I am! The weather has cooled off slightly here. So nice!

Michelle

Tip Junkie handmade projects Photobucket
The Shabby NestHookingupwithHoH< Transformation Thursday

11 comments:

Tasha said...

I love those! I have been wanting to do some, just haven't gotten around to do so! These might have just given me my push to get it done!!
Thanks for sharing!
Tasha
P.S. i would love it if you linked up to my Try it Tuesday party so I could feature them!
www.dotdotdotthis.blogspot.com

A room with a view said...

Looks great..those rats are perfect for halloween - I feel creeped out (in a good way!).

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

SO cute! Love the upholstery tacks and the way you added the leaves in between the pumpkins! And that rat sillouette on the step really caught me off guard! Cute!

Sarah, Three Boys said...

So cute! I love the tacks, my boys would LOVE those little rats too;)

aimee said...

they look fab i love them xxx

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Hi!!

LOVE those topiaries!! So cute!! The front of your home looks lovely and even more so with the precious little boy in the pic!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Angie - Big Bears Wife said...

oo I really like that!

mary kathryn @ mathews family happenings said...

those are fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing! I'm visiting from TT&J weekend wrap-up.

The Mommy Therapy said...

I am insanely jealous of these white pumpkin toparies. When are you comign to my house to do this? I have been dreaming about Halloween decorations but so far have only cut out some bats and felt guilty about not hanging them. I'm pathetic holiday decorator.

This looks fantastic though! Love it!

Krysta said...

You topiaries look awesome! Love the crows on top.

Carolyn said...

Love the topiaries (and the rats)! I would love for you to share this project on my Inspiration Board {link party}. I know my readers would really enjoy it. Hope to see you there.
http://carolynshomework.blogspot.com/2011/10/inspiration-board-link-party-19.html
carolyn - homework