Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Table cloth

Yep it's Cars again......I know you are probably overloaded with my Cars theme this week, but only a couple more days of it! Hopefully you can put your own spin on this and make your own table cloth! So here is the end result:
 If you would like to make this table cloth you will need:
 Two yards of red fabric
 Half a yard of checkered fabric
 Cars fabric (I got a yard because I used it for other projects)
Quarter of a yard of another red fabric
 
 I first hemmed the edges of the two yards of red fabric. I ironed down the edges and then sewed a straight stitch.


 I then cut out two rectangles in the checkered fabric (wish I would have ironed over the edges of that two before applying, but oh well). I also cut out a large number two (Ethan will be two!) and a "stick" in the checkered fabric:
 I then ironed on Wonder under to each piece (cutting it in the shape of the piece) I did this so when I iron it on to the red cloth it will stay in place while I sew. Now put the large number two on the checkered rectangle. Iron on and sew a zig-zag stitch around the edge. Repeat for the next flag:
 Now cut out Lightning Mcqueen from the Cars fabric and apply wonder under. Iron onto the red cloth and do a zig-zag stitch around the edges. Do the same for the checkered "sticks"
 Now add the checkered flags by ironing on and doing a zig-zag stitch around the edges. Now you have your very own Cars table cloth for your cool dudes birthday party:
 Yep it needs to be ironed :)
 Thanks for stopping by :)


 
Michelle
  
Check out where I Party

5 comments:

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Thanks, Michelle, for following. This tablecloth is too cute! Are you planning to use it as a window treatment or something in his room? He's probably going to want to sleep with it! I know he'll love it.
CAS

Shirley Fachilla said...

Very neat to do a two for Ethan!

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

What a great little boy table cloth! I love it!
~Kimberlee

Kim said...

oh my- how cute! What a lucky little boy Ethan is :)

costlules said...

Hopefully you'll be able to put your individual spin on this and make your personal table fabric! So here is the top end result

http://www.tablethrows.com.au/