Friday, March 18, 2011

Bunting tutorial

Ok you guys I am like at crunch time for Ethan's second B-day party. We have decided to have a party for him next Saturday! Yep that's like 8 days! What do I have done so far ummmm the bunting that I am about to show you how to make! So I am totally a last minute person. I guess I work best under pressure (nope not a procrastinator). To relieve your mind I have the party all planned out in my head :)

 Well I have decided to go with Cars as a birthday theme. He loves Cars and really there is a bunch of cute stuff you can do. First thing I made is these cute "race flags" (bunting):

 Supplies needed:
 Ruler
 hot glue gun
 sewing machine
 two different color fabrics
 felt
 ribbon

 First you are going to cut out your triangles ( I cut out 12 for Ethan Sailer and one space in between). my triangle where six inches on each side and 5 inches at the top. Six in each color. Then I cut out same number of felt.
 now line each piece of fabric with felt:
 Sew the two pieces together just on the sides (make sure to use coordinating thread):
 Now trim the excess as close to the stitch line as possible (be careful not to cut the stitch otherwise you will have to sew it again. Umm not like I know from experience or anything):

 Do this like a hundred times and iron down each piece. now measure out enough ribbon to have all flags hang from it. Heat up your hot glue gun in the mean time. Now put a strip of glue on each top of the flag and attach ribbon. Spread out evenly and alternate colors. Now you have your very own party banner/bunting/ race flags!


 Why blue and red you ask? Well I am not one to use something just once so I am going to hang this in Ethan's room when his party is over. It will look great with his nautical decor!

 
Michelle

Check out where I Party

4 comments:

SkinnyMeg said...

So cute! i'm on crunch time too for my daughter 2nd bday party on the 2nd :) Man I wish I had awesome parties like this when I was little!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Great tutorial! I love bunting--especially at birthday parties. The color scheme definitely reminds me of the "Cars" movie. :)

Thanks for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. Have fun finding a new read or two, and I hope you'll visit me at Serenity Now again soon. :)

Kim said...

Really cute!!! Good luck with the party plans :)

Krysta said...

Hi Michelle! I finally got all caught up on your cute blog! I love everything - the wash sign, the Board and Batten, the kitchen re-do, the suitcase coffee table, the burlap pillows and knock off Pottery Barn plates, EVERYTHING. You are so talented and inspiring! Hopefully I will be able to keep up more often. Talk to you soon. :)