Thursday, June 23, 2011

When life gives you lemons make brinner....duh

So I was totally going to make a whole roasted chicken tongiht with some steamed broccoli and a possible salad. Sounds oh so yummy and wholesome. Well life got in the way. Ethan was forming this weird rash on his back (which thank goodness turned out to be nothing), so I brought him to the doctors last miniute. Since they charged me about a weeks worth of groceries to tell me to put lotion on it (thanks!), and all I had for meat was a whole chicken, I decided it was a good time for a little brinner. Who doesn't like brinner. It's like an excuse to eat bad at night for no reason at all. You can't fight that. Being that I totally despise fake maple syrup, and I was all out of real maple syrup, I decided to make a little topping of my own.

Banana nut syrup:
1 whole banana
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of chopped pecans
1 1/2 tablespoons of butter


Mix all together in pan over stove. Turn heat to medium. Let cook while you are making your french toast, stirring every so often. You will have an almost liquid substance when you are finished, maybe with a few bits of delish banana.



Put a spoonful over cooked french toast. So yummy! This would be so good on a lot of things. Really people the possibilities are endless. OK maybe not endless, but really over like oatmeal, pancakes,waffles, plain yogurt...Those things would be good.

Enjoy!


Michelle

1 comment:

Me said...

I love brinner! I could seriously eat breakfast food with every meal throughout the day and never get tired of it :) & this just looks sinfully delicious!

By the way, I hate how the doc's charge you just for nothing. Happens to me all the time. $90 to see the doctor, only to have him tell me he has no idea what's wrong w/ me. WHAT?!?! Or one time, we got charged $320 (this was with insurance by the way) just so the dr could tell me my baby had a cold, and there's nothing to really give him. Ugh snakes, I tell ya!