Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Dear thrift stores: you suck!

Just saying. Alright I have a love hate relationship with you. Sometimes I find glorious things and I praise you. Other times I walk in look around and roll my eyes at the fact that you have a rusted candle holder marked at 19.99. Really?!? Who are pricing your things?! I think there may be hoarders working for you that secretly can't handle selling anything (not to take the hoarding disease lightly, seriously very sad).

So I set off today to try to find a chair to go in my entry way. Remember that post HERE. I have the fabric picked out at Jo-anns and I know exactly how I am going to make a pillow for this chair. Unfortunately, I can't find it :(  Oh well. Guess I will have to go on Craigslist.

Check out some great eye candy I saw at a local antique mall today though:

I love this clock, but really I could buy you for 24.99 at Hobby Lobby with a 50% off coupon.
 I really love the two tone effect on this cabinet and the shape of it is gorgeous.
 LOVE this ladder. This is so versatile. I could see it hanging in the laudry room or leaning on a dining room wall or even leaning on top of a cabinet. Just think of all the things you could hang from it too. Lovely piece!
 Really Like the white wash on this piece. It brings out all the detail. Definitely filing this away as a must do to something in the future.
 OK this piece I am in complete and utter L-O-V-E love with. Seriously I am feeling butterflies and I just can't seem to get her off my mind. I am staring longingly at this picture as I type. If that's not love I don't know what is. Sadly she is WAY over priced. Someday apothecary cabinet I will find you for a steal and you shall be mine. Sigh.......

I went to five different stores today and bought........Nothing. Ugh! Where are you chair that so desperately needs some tender love and care?

Michelle

6 comments:

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

I hear ya!!!!

Me said...

I know what you mean. When I finally have money to throw away at a good thrift shop, they never have anything I want. Then of course, when I have NO CASH, I want to buy everything! Psh! Hahaha...oh but I always come back to my favorite thrift shops...I can't help myself! Hope you find that dream chair soon.

SkinnyMeg said...

Whenever I'm looking for something I can't find it, when I'm not I find it at the most random places :)

Sarah, Three Boys said...

That table is to die for, I would be drooling over it too. I wish I was closer, I now have access to some AMAZING chairs! Don't worry you will find her.

Krysta said...

SO funny!! Your title is hilarious. I feel that way the majority of the time I go thrift shopping here. I think Houstons thrift stores suck. At least for me...I'm not lucky here.

Unknown said...

I agree. Some 'thrift shops' ask €16 (approx. US$ 20.77 ) for a dress from Zara >< My experience is that the bigger thrift shops often have more reasonable prices, but that might differ in each area.