Thursday, June 16, 2011

A little elegance with stripes

The entry way gives you a little taste of what you can expect the rest of the home to give you. I want to have an elegant, classy, yet cozy entry to my home. Here is what I have so far.

Remember how I was trying to decide how to paint my entry way HERE. Then I decided on stripes HERE and gave you this little sneak peak:

It is finally finished! I am so excited! It turned out amazingly good:




Do you just love it!?!? I do! I am so motivated now to finish decorating the rest of the entry.

Stay tuned to see how I decorate this (the wall across from striped wall)
 Also read along to see the chair I am going to find and re-upholster to go here:


I love the room so far. Can't wait to see it all put together. What do you think so far?



Michelle

Check out where I party

http://cottageandvine.blogspot.com/

12 comments:

Me said...

Wow!!! I am in love w/ the the stripes, the mirrors and the chandelier. You're lucky you don't live by me cuz 1) I'd rob you and 2)I'd make you paint my walls too. :) Seriously, this turned out amazing! How much peanut butter did it take for Ethan to stay occupied while you painted? Hahaha just kidding! Aren't you glad you have followers who told you to go w/ the stripes? Great job!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

It looks wonderful. I love the stripes. Such a lovely entry. Hugs, marty

SkinnyMeg said...

Love the stripes! I also really love those 3 mirrors :)

The Mommy Therapy said...

LOVE the stripes. I really want to do this to a wall, but I am terrified.

So, how about you come over and paint stripes on my wall and I will play JLo for you the whole time?

I'm sure you'll find this deal way too inticing to pass up. Right?

Sarah, Three Boys said...

LOVE! It is just perfect. I can't wait to see the chair you do. I am sure it will be gorgeous like all of your projects, and you KNOW i love a good chair makeover!

Krysta said...

I love it! It turned out so good. Now for the chair...

Shirley Fachilla said...

Don't know how I missed this. But I finally am seeing it. I think it's beautifully done. Soooo professional. Perfecto!

René said...

Stripes really make a statement don't they? I'll bet you are glad to have that finished now so that you can enjoy seeing your work.

Thanks so much for joining the party Michelle!

Sue said...

What a great way to add some whimsy to your formal entry! Love that chandy and the use of the multiple mirrors. :-) Sue

Maggie said...

I do like the bold statement that the stripes make, I also like the way you've hung the three mirrors above the chest.
Maggie @ Normandy Life

xinex said...

Oh how pretty, Michelle! I love the striping...Christine

Martha said...

A very pretty entry and I love your stripes!