Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Good things come to those who wait

As of right now I have four projects going on! I kind of get ahead of myself sometimes and try to take a bit to much on at once. Really it's just me excited about several different things and like a little kid at Christmas I just can't wait to open my presents ( the present being my finished project of course). So, here is a little teaser of what I have to come.  But first, cuteness alert, here is a tidbit that is sure to make you smile (well it makes me smile :)


 

So adorable! She is such a good big sister and he is in awe of her. This is a good place to start though. This frame was a little side project I did. Super easy! I bought the frame at Goodwill for a whopping .99 cents! Then I took some left over ribbon, trim and fabric to make the little rosettes. I got the idea from a blog and I can't remember which one to direct you to for the tutorial (darn, I hate it when that happens!). They are super easy to make though. You just twist the fabric and slowly, glue it down with your hot glue gun going in a circle. Make sure to start in the center of the rosette. Then I painted LOVE on the top and added the adorable pic! The result: PERFECTION. Well at least the two in the picture are.

So you ask what's in store in the coming days and the next week? Here are some pics to give you a bit of a teaser:



This fabric is for the chair I found for my daughters room redo. If you haven't seen it yet click here . I am so excited about this chair. It is an amazing find! Can't wait to share it with everyone.

Another project I have going is making a cushion for the new bench in my kitchen (also a great find on an online classified ad). I'm thinking of making some red pillows for it as well.



I found another amazing deal on craigslist, a beautiful chest that will be painted this lovely turquoise. 

Finally, we have purchased the paint for the kitchen and it should be painted by Sunday. Yay!!

So many good things to come. Hope you're excited! I sure am!!

 What do you think of my fabric and paint choices? Any ideas or suggestions are always appreciated!

 Happy crafting!

 Michelle

No comments: