Thursday, August 4, 2011

Cleaning stainless steel in a cheap way

I thought I would share with you a great chemical free way to clean your stainless steel. That is if you have stainless steel, if not you can skip this post, or maybe store it for later use?! Your call. I try to use as little chemicals as possible when cleaning. It's better for my babies lungs and the environment, so double score. I don't know about you, but my stainless steel seems to always get touched by little hands. It's like as soon as I clean the appliances, Ethan comes along and puts his hand prints on them. Ugh! Oh well, at least I know there isn't any chemicals on his hands when he does. Alright so on to how I clean the appliances, you will need:

1 part vinegar and 1 part water
baby oil
soft cloth





Clean the stainless thoroughly with the vinegar and water mixture. Now dab a bit of baby oil on the soft cloth and "buff" your appliance with the oil. That's it! Another bonus of this is when your little one touches the fridge, because you know they will, you can just wipe it away with the soft cloth. I only have to do the whole process once a week and then I just wipe with cloth in between. I have been doing this for almost three years now. I love it and it's super cheap! It cost me a dollar for the baby oil (still have the same bottle for about two years now). Vinegar is also super cheap. Another great thing is the lovely smell of baby oil in your kitchen. Am I the only one who loves that fresh smell?!


Michelle

Check out where I PARTY

5 comments:

SkinnyMeg said...

what a great tip!

Little City Farm said...

I have never heard of the baby oil part of the tip. Currently I clean with the vinegar and water, so I'm definitely adding that last baby oil step. Thanks!!

Little City Farm said...

Michelle,....you must marry me, immediately. I just tried this tip and it worked so well that I could just cry. I've had these streaks (from tomato sauce?) going down the stove that I could. not. remove. No matter what I tried. Well, I never thought to try baby oil and it worked so well that I could cry (I guess I already said that though, lol). Anyway,....thanks so much for sharing -- totally made my month.

Carl said...

I guess that’s why it’s called stainless steel. Because after it’s stained, you can easily clean it and make it blemish-free again. Well, that’s just me! :D Anyway, the sink looks perfectly good and shiny. Thanks for these easy-to-follow tips! :]

- Carl Patten

Unknown said...

Look at how clean and shiny the fridge! I love seeing my stainless steel kitchen appliances polished, so I make sure that I clean them regularly. Well, most of the time, I just use a piece of cloth and water to clean it. It simply works. I just use vinegar when I really notice a pile of dust in it.

Alphonse Daigle