Thursday, July 21, 2011

Chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes

Yes I am for real on this one! A vanilla cupcake stuffed with cookie dough, topped with a cookie dough flavored frosting, and sprinkled with chocolate chips. Oh heavenly! Have you seen my desserts board on Pinterest?! Go look, or actually don't because I don't want any hate mail :) This cupcake has been plastered all over Pinterest and I though that I would do a little version of my own. My daughter has a swim team event tonight, which these will be dropped off too. Otherwise I seriously wouldn't have made them, especially after trying them. They are that good! I used the cookie dough recipe from HERE. I then altered my buttercream frosting recipe. Since this was quite enough baking for one shindig, I used a vanilla box cake ( I know it's usually not my style, but whatever).



Cookie dough recipe:
2 sticks softened butter
3/4 cup of sugar
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup of milk
1 tbsp of vanilla
2 1/2 cup of flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup of milk chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugar. Then add flour and milk until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips. roll into 24 balls and put in freezer over night. Eat a bit of the dough along the way. There isn't egg in it, so enjoy!

Now prepare your vanilla cake according to instructions on box. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full of batter.  Put a ball of cookie dough on the top of cupcake in the middle. Cooke at 350 for 20-23 min

Frosting:
2 sticks of butter
1/2 cup of shortening
3/4 cup of brown sugar packed
3-4 cups of powdered sugar (depending on how thick you like frosting)
1/4 tsp of salt
1 tsp of vanilla
1/4 tsp almond extract
1 1/2 tsp of meringue powder ( it isn't needed, but I alwasy use it in frosting because it makes for a smother texture)

Mix butter, shortening, and brown sugar until creamed. Add extracts. Add meringue powder and salt to powdered sugar. Then slowly beat into mixture.

Frost cupcakes when they are cooled and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips!

I like to put them in the fridge and eat them cold. YUM!! They are also amazing still warm though.

Please refrain from hating me when you eat a whole pan of them ;)


Michelle

Check out where I party

1 comment:

Julie Wurth said...

I know my kids would love this! Thanks for the recipe.