Monday, May 16, 2011

My Mother's Day gift....a little late

So for Mother's day this year I wanted either bead board and trim for my guest bathroom OR rocking chairs for my front porch. Which one do you think my husband chose? Yep rocking chairs! He didn't want to do another wood project quite yet. Seeing as for V-day I got board and batten in my study, I can understand the battle wounds are still to fresh ;) Thank goodness our anniversary is in July. So, maybe I will get bead board then?!? We shall see.

Anyways, I had been looking for rocking chairs for awhile. I looked on craigslist, online, and at a million stores. These babies are pretty pricey! My husband was willing to do it, I just felt like it was too much.  Hence, the reason for the lateness of the gift. So any who, we were at Lowes and we decided that we were going to just buy two chairs and then a bench from Walmart to match. So before buying the chairs at Lowes, we went to Walmart. Guess what we found??!! White rocking chairs!! I was so excited (still am)! There was like five of them already put together and my husband asked the manager if we could take four of them......At a discount. What?? The manager went for it! My husband rocks! So we got the chairs (already assembled, which lowes charges ten dollars a chair to assemble). Are you excited!? I am! Here is how they look (my inlaws saw our yard yesterday and asked if we were going for yard of the year. Haha! What a great compliment to my husband :)






Doesn't it look so relaxing and inviting?! I am looking for two tables to put in the middle of the chairs. Maybe some nightstands that need to be refinished on Craigslist?

Thank you to my husband for such a wonderful Mother's Day gift. I am such a blessed woman.


 Michelle

5 comments:

Me said...

I am so jealous of your mother's day gift! Well even though I got exactly what I wanted too--a medicine ball haha! Who needs flowers, jewelry and chocolate anyways, right? I wish we had a bigger front porch. All I can fit on mine is a welcome mat and 3 flower pots. That's it!! Next house, I'm getting the works! :) Enjoy your lovely mother's gift! The chairs are beautiful and just PERFECT.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your chairs are perfect and I love the look on your porch. What a great find, and the price is unreal. Stunning and such a great gift. Hugs, Marty

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Awesome! Dontcha just love it when you get a deal like that! Happy Mother's Day!

Sarah, Three Boys said...

Gorgeous! What a great giftL) LOVE

Krysta said...

Oh my gosh! I love it. That is such an amazing deal too! It looks so cozy and southern. I love the southern look.